Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brown County State Park Ride - April 9th, 2010


Ron, Lige and I made a trip to BCSP on Saturday looking to have some self-inflicted pain in preparation for 3 State 3 Mountain. The weather was ideal, started off cool and warmed up nicely with clear and sunny skies. It was a tight fit getting us into Ron's Honda Element, but it all worked. It was a punishment-fest climbing and we did 2 laps, but we all did well. I was feeling particularly strong that day and was able to make it up a steep climb and go around the turn without stopping for the first time ever. Lige was his typical conisistent, competent self and looks ready to go. Ron got ahead of us at the end of the 1st lap and a different direction. At the top of the hill, Lige and I turned and added some extra milage. Lige and I ended up with 38 miles and 3,000 feet of climbing. One of the downhills, I hit just over 40 mph.Overall, a great day: near perfect weather, we all felt good about our performance.

PS. Here is a video I took on the last downhill. I had my camera dangling from my wrist, so be careful it might get a little dizzy on the way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment